Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs Click on “Learn more about this agency” button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS
Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
Click on “Learn more about this agency” button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Responsibilities Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENTDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
– Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
– Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
– Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
– Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
– Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment to such positions.
– Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
– Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
– Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
– Initiate ways to improve production, work processes and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
- Electrical Engineer USA Jobs
- Aberdeen University Jobs
- Supervisory Revenue Officer (Group Manager) NTE 1 YR, MBMP
- Peripheral Equipment Operator Jobs USA
- Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
Requirements Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
Conditions of Employment
STANDARD POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (SPD):
Visit the IRS SPD Library to access the position descriptions.
- If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor’s approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder – If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Subject to a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
Qualifications Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to “All US Citizens”.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (SUPERVISORY CLERK): To be minimally qualified for this position you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the pay-band or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate: Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight; Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled; Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources); Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM’s Qualifications Standards.
Education Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. If the position has specific education requirements and you are currently (or have previously been) in the Federal job series to be filled, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time, but you must provide an SF-50 documenting you held this job series. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
Additional information Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
- One (1) position will be filled in the W&I Document Retention Department, at 1125 W 12th Street, OGDEN, UT 84404.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Relocation expenses – No
How You Will Be Evaluated Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated on the leadership and technical competencies of the position to be filled per the Service’s Management Selection Program (MSP) 2.0 which covers Frontline, Department and Senior Manager positions. Technical competencies for this position are:
Exceptional Accomplishment, General Supervision, LSR – Leadership Competency Business Results, LSR – Leadership Competency Leading Improvement, LSR – Leadership Competency Leading Others, LSR – Leadership Competency Personal Leadership, Organizational Awareness, Quality Management & Assurance, Submission Processing, and Workload Processing
IRS employees must complete the Leadership Succession Review (LSR) Assessment. Step by step instructions, on the on-line self assessment and managerial assessment, are available at http://hco.web.irs.gov/apps/CAC/LSR2/mgr_check.asp. The results from this assessment are used in ranking applicants on the leadership competencies. You will need the results from this assessment to complete your on-line application. Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported.
Referral: A category-like rating (Quality Group) will be used to rate, rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Superior/Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified.
If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)you must receive a score of Highly Qualified or better to be rated as “well qualified” to receive special selection priority.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
Required Documents Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. All application materials, including transcripts, must be in English.
- Resume – Your resume MUST contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or to present). If you include Federal service experience, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Your resume must NOT include photographs, inappropriate content, or personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number. If your resume does not contain the required information specified, or contains prohibited information as listed above, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not receive consideration for this position. (Cover letters are optional.) Please view Resume Tips.
- Online Application – Questionnaire responses
- Proof of Enrollment or Education (if applicable) – For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. If the position has specific education requirements and you are currently (or have previously been) in the Federal job series to be filled, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time, but you must provide an SF-50 documenting you held this job series. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
- Current and Former Federal Employees Documentation – It is recommended that you submit a copy of your most recent SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) or equivalent personnel action form which shows your current grade and competitive service status.
- Performance Appraisal/Awards – You MUST submit a copy of your most recent completed performance appraisal. If a revalidated appraisal is used for merit promotion, the supervisor must prepare a narrative for each critical job element that does not have a narrative describing the performance in the appraisal period covered by the rating. Note: If you are a manager or management official, your most recent annual performance appraisal must be used for the overall rating identified.
- Registration/License (if applicable) – active, current registration/license
- IRS Reassignment Preference Program (RPP) (if applicable) – You MUST meet the requirements in your RPP notice. Submit a copy of your RPP Notice along with a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal. Your performance appraisal must have a fully successful or higher overall rating.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) (if applicable) – You MUST submit the required documentation as outlined at: Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP). If you are an IRS CTAP eligible, you can apply for jobs within and outside the commuting area. If you are a Treasury CTAP eligible can apply for jobs within the commuting area.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
Benefits Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 10/27/2021 and/or cut-off dates in this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on 10/27/2021.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11261099
- To begin the application process, click the “Apply Online” button.
- You will be re-directed to USASTAFFING to complete your application process; answer the online questions and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, import documents from USAJOBS to the appropriate document types. If the document you need was not imported from USAJOBS, you may upload it directly into this application. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN).
- To complete, you must click the “Submit Application” button prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 10/27/2021.
To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period, return to your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login). There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login . All of your applications will appear on the Welcome page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an Additional Application Information page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
(ERC) Employee Resource Center
Wage and Investment Service Centers Ogden Submission Processing
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20224
US Learn more about this agency
Next steps Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at https://www.jobs.irs.gov/midcareer/reasonable-accommodation.html. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. You are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.” Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. If your email mailbox is full or blocked (SPAM) you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
As a current employee, you know the great benefits we offer. Should you have any questions about benefits, please contact the Employee Resource Center (ERC) at 1-866-743-5748 option #1 for ERC.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Overview Supervisory Clerk Today USA Jobs
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates 10/18/2021 to 10/27/2021
- Service Competitive
- Pay scale & grade IR 11
- Salary$43,683 to $56,790 per year
- Appointment type Permanent
- Work schedule Full-time